Monday, May 28, 2007

Shopping for Gifts

Whenever our family has someone returning to visit China, we usually get many requests for gifts. This year was no different. Our uncles usually ask for name-brand shirts. Aunts usually ask for sweets or cosmetics. Grandparents ask for vitamins, ginseng, or fish oil (? apparently it's really popular in China). Cousins usually ask for toys and such (one wanted the entire Lego Mindstorm collection).

This year, I'm packing light (translation: only one luggage and one carry-on). This is mainly due to the weight restriction for air travel within Asia (the Shenzhen to Nanjing flight only allows 25 KG). Nevertheless, I am bringing home these as gifts:

1 Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop (for my uncle & grandparents)
3 Polo Shirts (for uncles)
1 Large Picture Book on Tuscany (for my host in Hong Kong, who happens to be in love with Italy)
1 Book on Drinks & Cocktails (for a friend who is celebrating his birthday in Hong Kong)
1 Pink Yale T-Shirt (for Duke Language Partner.. I'm banking on the fact that she will be a girl)
1 Plush Bulldog (for teachers at Duke/miscellaneous gift)

And I am still missing gifts for some other people in Hong Kong. Looks like I'll have to go shopping again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.